Advanced Placement Courses (AP)
The VVS district is proud to offer Advanced Placement courses for our students. Students who enroll in an AP course will have the opportunity to take AP exams in May. Students demonstrating high proficiency on the AP test may qualify for college credit at their future universities.
Check out https://apstudents.collegeboard.org - for more information.
2024 AP Exam Schedule
|Wednesday, May 8||English||8:00am|
|Friday, May 10||
European History, US History
|Friday, May 10||Art||Last day for submission|
|Monday, May 13||Calculus||8:00am|
|Thursday, May 16||Biology||12:00pm|
|Friday, May 17||Physics||8:00am|
The time to register for AP examinations will soon be here. These examinations are an integral part of the Advanced Placement curriculum. We therefore encourage all students enrolled in AP courses to take the appropriate exam. Some of the benefits of taking the exam are:
- A STUDENT WHO PERFORMS SUCCESSFULLY ON THE AP EXAM CAN EARN COLLEGE CREDIT(S) FOR THE COURSE. THIS CAN MEAN SUBSTANTIAL SAVINGS IN COLLEGE TUITION.
- STUDENTS ENROLLED IN AN AP COURSE ARE EXPOSED TO THE ACADEMIC RIGOR SIMILAR TO THOSE REQUIRED AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL. TAKING THE AP EXAM IS PART OF THE PROCESS OF PREPARING STUDENTS FOR THE DEMANDS OF COLLEGE.
- SINCE THE EXAM RESULTS ARE NOT USED TO DETERMINE THE STUDENT’S FINAL GRADE FOR THE COURSE, THERE IS NO INHERENT DETRIMENTAL IMPACT ON THE STUDENT’S GRADE POINT AVERAGE (GPA) SHOULD THE STUDENT PERFORM POORLY ON THE EXAM.
Please take time to review the following information:
The price of each exam is $89.00. Students on free/reduced lunch receive waivers covering the cost of the exams. Regardless, if financial hardship prevent you from taking the exams, please discuss this with Mrs. Murphy, AP Coordinator.
- The exams are scheduled to begin on Wednesday, May 8. The exam schedule is above.
- Students can register from September 7, 2023 through October 26, 2023 with Mrs. Collins in the Principal’s Office. Please make checks made payable to VVS Central School District.
- We order the exact number of exams for the students who have registered; there are no extras. Orders will be placed on November 1. Students are advised not to wait until the last day to complete registration to avoid registration and payment problems.
- NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE. Once registered, it is assumed all students will complete their exams.
- Again, we highly encourage all students to take these exams. Please contact your teacher or AP Coordinator, Mrs. Adrienne Murphy, if you have any questions.