VVS District Profile
The Vernon Verona Sherrill School District aspires to be valued for compassionate service and responsiveness to all members of our community.
The mission of the Vernon Verona Sherrill School District is to nurture curiosity, support students’ social-emotional well-being and academic growth, and prepare them to embrace challenges, learning opportunities, diversity, and civic responsibility for success in their future endeavors.
DISTRICT BELIEF STATEMENTS
- We believe all students should be challenged with academic rigor, provided individualized support through family-school-community collaboration, and empowered to explore opportunities that prepare them for success in future learning, career, and life.
- We value and support each student and their contribution to the school community and the world by purposefully celebrating diversity, fostering a sense of belonging, and inspiring authentic engagement.
- We believe students are best prepared for success in future learning, career, and life when educational experiences cultivate teamwork, perseverance, adaptability, resourcefulness, and a positive attitude.
- We believe optimal learning occurs in a safe and supportive environment that values and nurtures character, integrity, responsibility and respect for self and others.
- The VVS District and community will collaborate to identify student needs and provide diverse pathways that engage and encourage all students to build skills for future learning, careers, and success in life.
- The VVS District and community will collaborate to provide a safe, supportive learning environment to empower students to take risks, demonstrate growth, learn from their experiences, appreciate diversity, build positive relationships, develop civic-mindedness, have confidence, and feel valued.
- The VVS District and community will work together to support the learning and social-emotional needs of all students through the effective use and distribution of the resources necessary to maximize student learning and development.