Flyer Guidelines for External Organizations
The Vernon Verona Sherrill Central School District has contracted with Peachjar, and beginning on May 17, 2019, we will begin sending digital flyers directly to parents. Peachjar provides an innovative flyer management system that sends school-approved digital flyers directly to parents’ inboxes and posts them on the schools’ websites. Now parents can easily find and view flyers and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. Paper flyers will only be distributed to parents who do not have home access to technology.
If you are an external organization who would like to distribute a flyer to Vernon Verona Sherrill students and families, please see our guidelines and policies below.
Flyer Approval Criteria:
The Vernon Verona Sherrill Central School District approves the distribution of:
- Flyers that promote an educational experience for students or parents, a healthy use of leisure time and/or a special enrichment activity not duplicated by the Vernon Verona Sherrill Central School District or an affiliated program.
The Vernon Verona Sherrill Central School District does not approve the distribution of:
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular church, religious organization or religious viewpoint.
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular political party, political organization or political viewpoint.
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a for-profit business.
- Materials that discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Materials that violate school rules or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Materials for events deemed by the district as not suitable for children.
Flyer Submission Process:
You may register with Peachjar as a “Program Provider” at www.peachjar.com and upload your flyer for distribution to your desired school(s). In your Peachjar account, you will be able to upload your flyer and add call-to-action buttons such as “Call” and “Sign Up Now” for parents to interact directly with your flyer. You will also have the ability to view flyer metrics to monitor your flyer campaigns!
After your flyer has been submitted through Peachjar, it will be routed automatically to the school district office for approval.The flyer will be reviewed and then be approved or denied based on district policy 1025 CODE OF CONDUCT and the standards listed above. If approved, the flyer will be emailed as a visually engaging, full-color image to all parents who have their email address on file at the district.
Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically less than the cost to copy and deliver flyers to each school. Events and programs that are free of charge may qualify for a free posting. Please see our Community Free Flyer Policy for more information.
NOTE: If you are a parent group from a VVS school, these instructions do not apply to you.
- All flyers that are not generated by the Vernon Verona Sherrill Central School District or its five schools will include the following disclaimer:
- The Vernon Verona Sherrill Central School District is not responsible for any business, service, or event advertised in this flyer. Approval to distribute flyers is a community service and does not imply endorsement of this organization. If you are unable to register online or require a paper copy of this form, please contact your building secretary.
- All promotional materials must be submitted at least two weeks prior to distribution, if possible. Not all flyers will be approved.