Welcome to the J.D. George Library!
by Angela Dominguez Year Published: 2020 FIC
Girl becomes activist, navigates friendships in fun story.
Stella Diaz Never Gives Up, by author-illustrator Angela Dominguez, is a kind, inspiring story that teaches readers about conservation, activism, navigating friendship, and growing up that follows series opener Stella Diaz Has Something to Say. When Stella's interest in saving the oceans blossoms at summer camp, she faces a struggle many young readers have experienced: how to blend different two groups of friends whose only connection is her. Stella's relationship with her brother is both sweet and authentic, showing how siblings can drift apart and come back together as they grow up. It highlights Stella's Mexican American heritage and seamlessly integrates lots of Spanish phrases. The author's note about why she italicized Spanish words throughout the book offers great insight into bilingual life.
Exciting New Titles in the Library!
by Jane McGuinness Year Published: 2018 E MCG
- Who is that small and prickly creature? Visit a hedgehog mom and her babies as she teaches them to survive on their own.
by Debbie Michiko Florence Year Published: 2018 FIC FLO
- Jasmine worries that she will be the only one with no talent to share in the school talent show until her mother brings out her taiko drum.
by Santa Montefiore, Simon Sebag Montefiore Year Published: 2018 FIC MON
- When shy, quiet Shylo overhears the plan of a band of ratzis to embarrass the Queen, he must travel to Buckingham Palace and convince the Royal Rabbits of London to stop them.
by Ben Clanton Year Published: 2018 FIC CLA
- Narwhal and Jelly are back and Narwhal has a new obsession...peanut butter! He's so obsessed he even wants to change his name to...that's right...Peanut Butter! Ever-sensible Jelly isn't so sure that's the best idea, but is all for Narwhal trying new things (instead of just eating waffles all the time, no matter how delicious waffles are). In this third book, Narwhal and Jelly star in three new stories about trying new things, favorite foods and accepting who we are.
by April Pulley Sayre with Jeff Sayre Year Published: 2018 598.8 SAY
- Discover the science behind the migration of warblers with this photographic picture book. The migrating warblers have arrived, to feed, preen, refuel and rest before continuing on their journey of thousands of miles.