Board of Education
President: Mr. Thomas Moatstmoatsboe@vvsschools.orgVice President: Mr. Steve Adamkowskisadamkowskiboe@vvsschools.orgMr. Christopher Brewercbrewerboe@vvsschools.orgDr. Frank Freyffreyboe@vvsschools.orgMiss Samantha Netzbandsnetzbandboe@vvsschools.orgMrs. Melissa Palmermpalmerboe@firstname.lastname@example.orgMrs. Catherine Suttmeiercsuttmeierboe@vvsschools.orgMr. Paul Thompsonpthompsonboe@vvsschools.orgTo speak to Board members, please contact Mrs. Tamara Whooten, Clerk of the Board of Education at 315.829.7425.Please Note - There has been a suspension of New York's Open Meetings Law due to COVID - 19, therefore, at this time, Board of Education Meetings will be closed meetings; there will be a link on the main page of the VVS website if you'd like to listen in.The VVS Board of Education welcomes residents, faculty, staff, students, and others to attend its meetings. The VVS Board of Education meets on the fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 PM unless otherwise announced. Meetings are held in the VVS Administrative Center or Middle School Media Center according to the schedule below. Board of Education meeting minutes are available on the District website, in the Vernon and Sherrill Libraries, and the Verona Town Offices. Notices of Board of Education meeting dates and times are published in the Oneida Daily Dispatch and the Rome Daily Sentinel prior to each meeting.
V.V.S. BOARD OF EDUCATION CALENDAR *
(5:30 PM Tour & 7:00 PM Meeting)
(5:30 PM Tour & 7:00 PM Meeting)
April 14th (Wednesday)
Annual BOCES Meeting
(not a regular VVS Meeting)
April 20th (Tuesday)
Regular Meeting &
BOCES Board Election/Admin. Budget Vote
May 19th (Wednesday)
Regular Meeting/VVS Board Election
& Budget Vote Certification
June 21st*Board of Education meeting locations are subject to change. Please refer to the Oneida Daily Dispatch, Rome Daily Sentinel or contact the District Office at 315 - 829-7425 for the most current information regarding Board of Education Meetings.
The Vernon-Verona- Sherrill School District aspires to be valued as a district of distinction by our community.
The Mission of the Vernon-Verona-Sherrill School District is to nurture and support students for success in life, preparing them to embrace challenges, learning opportunities, diversity, and civic responsibility.
DISTRICT BELIEF STATEMENTS
1. We believe all students should be challenged with academic rigor, provided individualized support through home-school collaboration, and empowered to explore opportunities that prepare them for success in college, career, and life.
2. We believe student-school-community connections provide opportunities for students to experience diversity, develop tolerance, foster a sense of belonging, and create the foundation for civic responsibility.
3. We believe students are best prepared for success in college, career, and life when their educational experiences cultivate teamwork, perseverance, adaptability, resourcefulness, and a positive attitude.
4. We believe optimal learning occurs in a safe and supportive environment that values and nurtures character, integrity, responsibility, and respect for self and others.
1. Faculty, students, parents, staff, and community will work together to achieve high levels of student learning necessary for success in the 21st Century.
2. Faculty, students, parents, staff, and community will demonstrate the personal and interpersonal attributes necessary to succeed in a diverse world.
3. Faculty, students, parents, staff, and community will create and sustain a physically and emotionally safe and positive school environment.