8/26/21 Message sent out:
Welcome to the start of the 2021-2022 school year. We are looking forward to seeing our students back in our building in just a few weeks.
Middle school parents/guardians need to review the following with their student(s):
- Please have your child log in and/or check your Chromebook a soon as possible to confirm it is working properly. Please charge your Chromebook nightly to ensure that the battery life maintains its maximum performance. Battery life is extended when the Chromebook is consistently charged, and for no less than 30 minutes at a time. If you have any issues logging in or other issues with your Chromebook you can contact Tech Support at email@example.com or the main office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Student/ Parent Handbook needs to be reviewed by both the parent/guardian and middle school student at - https://www.vvsschools.org/cms/lib/NY01913955/Centricity/Domain/38/PARENT%20STUDENT%20GUIDE%2021-22.pdf
- The Handbook sign-off form must be completed for each middle school student you have. Only 1 form per child is needed. -https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe8xxsNJSUU88OPo_CORN0ZnzXJC8fA7M9xSr1lN0GbSXhvWg/viewform
- The Photo, Audio & Video Release Form - ONLY complete this form if you DO NOT give your permission! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfbhU3JJDhBiE6HQUjIZDHDNklyfiHLPUI7UCjNIF0o0gje5w/viewform
- The new and updated Board Policies are located on the school website at - http://web2.moboces.org/districtpolicies/?public=vvs Please review the following:
- Policy 1026 - Code of Conduct (Plain Language Summary)
- Policy 1041 - Accommodation of Hearing Impaired Parents
- Policy 5023 - Notification of Pesticide Application
- Policy 5024.1 - Asbestos Management
- Policy 5030 - Meal Charges and Meal Shaming
- Policy 5050 - Acceptable Use
- Policy 7014 - Student Attendance Policy (Plain Language Summary)
- Parent Portal –This service allows parents and guardians the ability to access information about ALL their students through one convenient website. This eliminates the need to visit several different websites, make telephone calls or visit the school to access records, grades, and information. Complete this form and return it to your youngest child’s school building. https://www.vvsschools.org/cms/lib/NY01913955/Centricity/Domain/17/Student%20Parent%20Portal%20VVS%20Parent%20Permission%208.2010.pdf
- Check out our middle school webpage for more helpful information. https://www.vvsschools.org/domain/38
Thank you, for helping us make this a successful year for our students.
VVS Middle School
Students are encouraged to bring in water bottles from home. We have several water bottle stations located throughout our building.