Ideas and Activities for the Week of April 27-May 1, 2020
ELA: Our Letter of the Week: Oo
Oo is the last vowel. It does not come at the beginning of very many words.
- Brainstorm words that start with the short o sound: octopus, ox, on, otter, olive,
- Brainstorm words that start with the long o sounds: old, oak, open, over, ocean, oval
- Letter O by ABCMouse
- Olive and the Rhyme Rescue Crew (more of a story than a song)
- Sing nursery rhymes - many are available on Youtube.com
- Dr. Jean's Nursery Rhyme Rap
Positional Words: on, off over, under in, out open, shut
- Build a tent and review these words while playing with X
Number Practice: 0,1, 2, 3, 4
- Complete the Dot the Number worksheets in the packet for 0-4. Use a bingo marker to make a dot or draw a circle with a crayon or marker.
- Find the numbers on boxes or bags in the kitchen
- Write the numerals on a card or paper. Play a version of "Mother May I" by showing the numeral to and having your child move forward or back that many steps.
Shape Practice: Oval
- Do an oval hunt around the house.
- Draw ovals on a paper and have your child color or paint them.
- Oval - Words with Puffballs
- Continue looking for signs of spring
- Make a tulip from construction paper
- Look for a bird building a nest or sitting on eggs
- April Showers Bring May Flowers - discuss why we usually have so much rain in April and what plants need to grow
For Fun and Excersize!